What are the positive effects of a session?
- There are a number of positive effects such as glowing skin, figure health – weight loss, pain and injury recovery, stress relief, enhanced fitness performance, immune system boost, and many more
How is this different from a conventional sauna or steam sauna?
- Conventional dry and/or steam saunas are still beneficial for your health, however they can be very uncomfortable for the majority of people
- Those who have tried a dry and/or steam sauna understand the extreme temperature of the air you are subjected to through convection heat, often causing excessive water loss and dehydration
- Infrared technology heats your body from the inside out, allowing the air to be more breathable, your sweat to be more detoxing, and your sessions to last longer!
Do you lose water weight or burn calories?
- Both, but the toxins released from Glow’s infrared saunas are far more substantial – in fact, there is a 20% versus 3% toxin release that is backed by decades of clinical data using infrared versus convection and steam
- While you will be losing some water weight, once you rehydrate this will be regained – however, that calorie burn is the real deal!
- The infrared raises your core temperature by ~3 degrees! Meanwhile your body works hard to cool itself off and increases circulation causing you to break a deep detoxifying sweat and burn calories!
Why am I still sweating after my session?
- Part of the benefits are the Glow keeps going! After your session it can take up to an hour for your body to return to your regular body temperature
- Enjoy that additional calorie burn for the hour!
Why should I Glow?
- Sweating is the safe and natural way for the body to heal itself, ridding the body of heavy metals, radiation and other harmful toxins
- Breaking a sweat with Glow’s infrared saunas will increase your personal fitness and well-being
How often should I Glow?
- Daily sessions are safe, so it is ultimately up to you! (do not exceed one session per day)
- It really depends on your health and wellness goals, as well as how your body feels after sessions – many people go 1-3 times a week (if you have a specific health related concern, please consult with your physician before utilizing our saunas)
How long are the sessions?
- Between 30-45 mins, depending on the type of session you select
- Please take as much additional time you need to decompress and relax before and after your session in our lounge
Can I bring in my phone or laptop?
- Yes! Although the purpose is to relax and disconnect, the infrared heat will not affect your electronics and are safe to use in the saunas
What is the cancellation policy?
- Sessions must be cancelled 8 hours prior to your scheduled session to avoid a cancellation fee for memberships or loss of session
- We understand things happen, if you’re running late or looking to reschedule for the same day please call us at the studio and we will do our best to accommodate you
What should I wear to my session?
- Wear whatever you are comfortable in!
- We recommend either removing all your clothes or wearing a bamboo carbon wrap that is 99% emissive
Is this technology harmful to me?
- The technology is safe – listen to your body and use your best judgement on frequency
Who should not go into the saunas?
- Generally pregnant women and individuals with pacemakers
- If you have a health related concern, please consult with your physician before utilizing our saunas
How old do you have to be?
- You must be at least 16 years old
- If younger, you may attend a session accompanied by a guardian or parent
Are the sessions private?
- Yes, unless you wish to book with friends or a significant other we will try to accommodate you in a larger sauna
What if I don’t sweat a lot?
- Everyone is different and since not one of us has the same genetic makeup, we will all produce different levels of sweat
- For some people it takes a couple of sessions for their body to acclimate to the infrared and allow their pores to open up and begin to detoxify
- We strongly recommend several sessions within a week at the onset for you to feel the difference in your body and experience the benefits
What do I do if I get too hot?
- Infrared Saunas heat the body, not the air – simply open the pod or cabin door and hop out (you can get right back in after you cool down a bit)
Are there different levels of heat?
- Yes, there are ranges of intensity with all of our infrared machines