Infrared Sauna FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Infrared Sauna Benefits:
What are the positive effects of an infrared sauna session?
- There are a number of positive effects such as glowing skin, figure health – weight loss, pain and injury recovery, stress relief, enhanced fitness performance, immune system boost, and many more
How is an infrared sauna different from a conventional sauna or steam sauna?
- Conventional dry and/or steam saunas are still beneficial for your health, however they can be very uncomfortable for the majority of people
- Those who have tried a dry and/or steam sauna understand the extreme temperature of the air you are subjected to through convection heat, often causing excessive water loss and dehydration
- Infrared sauna technology heats your body from the inside out, allowing the air to be more breathable, your sweat to be more detoxing, and your sessions to last longer!
Do you lose water weight or burn calories in an infrared sauna?
- Both, but the toxins released from Glow’s infrared saunas are far more substantial – in fact, there is a 20% versus 3% toxin release that is backed by decades of clinical data using infrared versus convection and steam
- While you will be losing some water weight, once you rehydrate this will be regained – however, that calorie burn is the real deal!
- The infrared raises your core temperature by ~3 degrees! Meanwhile your body works hard to cool itself off and increases circulation causing you to break a deep detoxifying sweat and burn calories!
Why am I still sweating after my infrared sauna session?
- Part of the benefits are the Glow keeps going! After your infrared sauna session it can take up to an hour for your body to return to your regular body temperature.
- Taking a shower directly after your sauna session will diminish the benefits. Let your body cool itself down and enjoy that additional calorie burn for the hour
General Infrared Sauna:
Why should I use an infrared sauna to Glow?
- Sweating is the safe and natural way for the body to heal itself, ridding the body of heavy metals, radiation and other harmful toxins
- Breaking a sweat with Glow’s infrared saunas will increase your personal fitness and well-being
How often should I use an infrared sauna?
- Daily infrared sauna sessions are safe, so it is ultimately up to you, the more you sweat the more you get! (do not exceed one session per day)
- It really depends on your health and wellness goals, as well as how your body feels after sessions – many people go 3 – 4 times a week (if you have a specific health related concern, please consult with your physician before utilizing our saunas)
How long are infrared sauna sessions?
- Infrared sauna session are between 30 and 45 mins, depending on the type of infrared sauna session you are using
- Please take as much additional time you need to decompress and relax before and after your session in our lounge
What amenities do you have at your infrared sauna studios?
- We have an amenity bar with items such as makeup remover, dry shampoo, a variety of deodorant sprays, hair ties, etc.
- We provide complimentary face towels soaked in eucalyptus essential oils to enjoy during or after your sauna session
- At the front desk, we also have a variety of male and female shower wipes available for $1 if you are looking for more options
Can I bring in my phone or laptop inside the infrared sauna?
- It depends! Although electronics are safe to use, the purpose is to relax and disconnect in an infrared sauna. Higher temperatures will cause your electronics to power down.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Sessions must be cancelled 6 hours prior to your scheduled session to avoid a cancellation fee for memberships or loss of session.
- We understand things happen, if you’re running late or looking to reschedule for the same day please call us at the studio and we will do our best to accommodate you.
What should I wear to an infrared sauna session?
- Wear whatever you are comfortable in! Lightweight clothing is okay, but to maximize the benefits, less is more.
- To achieve the most infrared sauna benefit, removing all your clothes is best. Queue the “Birthday Suit” and wrap yourself in provided spa towels.
- Those uncomfortable with that, should wear a swimsuit as the next best option.
- We recommend bringing athleisure or other lose fitting clothing to put back on after your session
Potential Infrared Sauna Concerns:
Is an infrared sauna harmful to me?
- Infrared sauna technology is safe – listen to your body and use your best judgement on frequency
Who should not go into an infrared sauna?
- Generally pregnant women and individuals with pacemakers
- If you have a health related concern, please consult with your physician before utilizing our saunas
How old do you have to be to use an infrared sauna?
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- If younger and some are, you may attend a session accompanied by a guardian or parent
- Children with autism often attend with a parent or guardian
Are the infrared sauna sessions private?
- Yes, unless you wish to book with friends or a significant other in which case we will try to accommodate you in a larger infrared sauna
What if I don’t sweat a lot during my infrared sauna session?
- Everyone is different and since not one of us has the same genetic makeup, we will all produce different levels of sweat
- For some people it takes a couple of infrared sauna sessions for their body to acclimate to the infrared and allow their pores to open up and begin to detoxify
- We strongly recommend three infrared sauna sessions the first week to feel a difference in your body and experience the benefits
What do I do if I get too hot in the infrared sauna?
- Infrared Saunas heat the body, not the air – simply open the infrared cabin door or push the infrared solo “pod” down. Resume your session when you feel comfortable.
Are there different levels of infrared sauna heat?
- Yes, infrared sauna heat can range in intensity depending on what they temperature they are set at